Blog — From The Source
What is it that makes specialty coffee so, well, magical? For us at Olympia Coffee, it’s the people. The farmers and importers, roasters and production experts, baristas and cafe regulars — and so many others that support and shape us. It’s because of these people, living in diverse, vibrant communities across the globe, that we’ve grown our company around a core mission to work toward a coffee industry that’s equitable, ethical, and sustainable from seed to cup. So that everyone whose hands and hearts go into making this delicious, carefully crafted coffee can enjoy a better quality of life. That’s...
- Tags: Africa, best coffee, Blog, Central America, coffee industry, Colombia, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Fair for All, From The Source, Guatemala Coffee, living wage, Olympia Coffee, origin, South America, Specialty Coffee, sustainable practices, Transparency Report
Our Guatemalan offerings this year have been a labor of love and determination and we couldn’t be more pleased to serve them. Each of our recent direct trade projects focuses on increasing coffee quality at the farm level in order to increase quality for our customers. Ultimately, this work lays a foundation for a sustainable coffee market for farmers and creates opportunity to improve quality of life among our coffee farmers, staff, and customers. CODECH Cooperative, Huehuetenango ADINTHEC Reserva Aroma de Canalaj Flor de Queqhna Palo Blanco We are featuring four coffees from the CODECH Cooperative,...
- Tags: Central America, Codech, Coffee Cupping, coffee industry, Coffee Lab, Cupping, Cupping Room, Direct Trade, El Socorro, From The Source, Green Coffee Sourcing, In Season, Micro Lot, Micro Roaster of the Year 2013, Organic, Organic coffee, sustainable practices
Olympia Coffee Roasting Co. - El Salvador, La Gloria from Voortex Productions on Vimeo. We are excited to share our new video from El Salvador. This video features producer Luis Rodriguez at his family farms in Apaneca and Ataco El Salvador. Our first offering from the Rodriguez family La Gloria can be purchased by following this link http://www.olympiacoffee.com/collections/coffees/products/el-salvador-la-gloria
- Tags: Blog, Bourbon, Central America, Cupping, Direct T, Direct Trade, El Povernir, El Salvador, Elefante, From The Source, Green Coffee Sourcing, La Gloria, La Lagunita, Micro Lot, Nejapa, Pacamara, Processing
Olympia Coffee Roasting Co. - Costa Rican Micro Lots from Voortex Productions on Vimeo. As you are enjoying our delicious new Costa Rican Micro Lots from La Mirella, Herbazu, and Farami. See the faces and land that produced such amazing coffee for us. This video was shot during the February 2012 harvest. And, if you have not yet seen our Central American video check our From The Source. From the Source - Olympia Coffee Sourcing in Central America from Voortex Productions on Vimeo.
- Tags: Blog, Central America, Costa Rica, Cupping, Direct Trade, From The Source, Green Coffee Sourcing, Honey Process, La Mirella, Micro Lot, Organic, Processing
We would like to share our new video with you: From The Source. I've been friends with Charley Voorhis for many years now. He used to own a cafe in Leavenworth, Washington. At the time, I was a barista trainer who worked with Charley and his crew in every detail of coffee education. Over the years, we kept in touch and visited each other even after he left his coffee career. I'm very glad he did leave coffee, because his skills as a photographer and filmmaker are too great not to be utilized. Not many people get a chance to...
- Tags: Bourbon, Costa Rica, Direct Trade, El Povernir, El Salvador, Elefante, From The Source, La Gloria, La Lagunita, La Mirella, Nejapa, Pacamara, Processing, Thursday Night Throwdown