Coffee Bar Manager
The Coffee Bar Manager works as a member of Olympia Coffee’s Retail Team. S/he is supervised by the Retail Director, works in close collaboration with the Retail Trainer and supervises a team of Baristas in operation of the coffee bar. The Coffee Bar Manager is responsible for managing his/her coffee bar’s operational and financial success.
- Ensuring the store is providing consistently excellent products and service, and that the environment is inviting, clean, and well stocked.
- Building a well-developed and high performing team that works together collaboratively and upholds the Olympia Coffee Staff Member Expectations.
- Promoting a positive staff moral and favorable image in the community as a local, hand crafted artisan brand.
Bar Operation and Budgeting
- Perform barista tasks during scheduled shifts (15-20 hours per week): prepare drinks, provide an outstanding customer experience, operate point of sale, stock products, and cleans store.
- Ensure clean, attractive, and inviting cafe environment.
- Create and execute plans to elevate product quality and customer experience, as well as minimize waste and reduce costs.
- Participate in financial goals of store including development and implementation of systems for increasing efficiency and profitability of the store.
- Monitor and manage labor levels to increase efficiency without sacrificing quality or customer experience.
- Maintain vendor relationships and keep products in stock by ordering products or communicating café inventory needs to Wholesale Department.
- Maintain relationships with bakeries, including placing orders, introducing new products, tracking and minimizing waste.
- Maintain scheduled preventative maintenance on all equipment, and ensure that all equipment is in proper working order.
- Troubleshoot small repairs and work with the retail director toward a resolution on larger repairs.
- Maintain safety of cafe environment and ensure proper handling and storage of food products.
Team Development and Education
- Recruit, hire, and supervise a team of baristas for coffee bar operation.
- Work closely with the Retail Trainer for initial and ongoing training for coffee bar team.
- Demonstrate leadership in coffee preparation, bar management, and hospitality.
- Create weekly schedules for coffee bar team, adjust hours and shift as necessary.
- Facilitate communication between coffee bar team and work any issues towards resolution.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all coffees and retail products, stay up-to-date on emerging products, promotions, and policies and ensure education of coffee bar team.
- Develop leadership within team including hiring and supervise lead baristas.
- Educate and ensure coffee bar team is upholding company procedures and policies, use corrective action as necessary.
- Promote positive staff moral and relationships with staff members including honoring staff member company anniversaries.
- Maintain calendar of staff member reviews, including scheduling and facilitation of reviews.
- Passionate about coffee, great work ethic and desire to be at Olympia Coffee Roasting Co
- Positive attitude, great communication, and strong leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge, background, and experience in coffee preparation, bar management and hospitality.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organization skills
- Ability to solve problems and prioritize important tasks
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage independently
- Capable of handling sensitive and confidential information
- Basic computer skills and technological troubleshooting
- Ability to manage projects and hold others accountable for job performance
Salaried Position based on a 35 hour work week
10 Days Paid Time Off
Mileage reimbursement for company errands
Coffee benefits package
To apply please include a cover letter and resume attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting closes July 7th 2014