Blog — sustainable practices
- Tags: coffee industry, Direct Trade, Fair for All, Jobs, living wage, Olympia Coffee, Specialty Coffee, sustainable practices, wage transparency
All love stories begin with that little tug on the heartstrings, that tiny inkling that one might have found something truly special. A little sappy, maybe, but for us here at Olympia Coffee, that “something special” has always been our relationships with our farmers and our commitment to improving quality of life for them, their communities, and the entire sourcing pipeline. And so, when it comes to our Sweetheart Blend— a mainstay on our coffee lineup— our farmers are at the very heart of it. With a certain notoriously saccharine holiday peeking around the corner, we’re waxing sentimental about the...
- Tags: Blog, Direct Trade, Fair for All, Gifts, Olympia Coffee, Specialty Coffee, sustainable practices
Our Guatemalan offerings this year have been a labor of love and determination and we couldn’t be more pleased to serve them. Each of our recent direct trade projects focuses on increasing coffee quality at the farm level in order to increase quality for our customers. Ultimately, this work lays a foundation for a sustainable coffee market for farmers and creates opportunity to improve quality of life among our coffee farmers, staff, and customers. CODECH Cooperative, Huehuetenango ADINTHEC Reserva Aroma de Canalaj Flor de Queqhna Palo Blanco We are featuring four coffees from the CODECH Cooperative,...
- Tags: Central America, Codech, Coffee Cupping, coffee industry, Coffee Lab, Cupping, Cupping Room, Direct Trade, El Socorro, From The Source, Green Coffee Sourcing, In Season, Micro Lot, Micro Roaster of the Year 2013, Organic, Organic coffee, sustainable practices
Olympia Coffee Roasters - Roaster of the Year 2013 from Voortex Productions on Vimeo. We are proud to share with you a video about our company. We strive to be a company that provides excellence in everything we do. Thanks to our retail, and wholesale customers, that allow us to do what we love.
- Tags: Blog, coffee industry, Cupping, Direct T, Direct Trade, Green Building, Latte Art, Locations, Micro Lot, Micro Roaster, Micro Roaster of the Year 2013, pour over brewing, Reclaimed Wood, Roast Magazine, Roaster of the Year, Roasting, superior quailty coffee, sustainable practices, video, wholesale
Olympia Coffee Roasting Co. will be opening its third café at 2824 Capitol Blvd. in Olympia’s historic Wildwood Building in early 2013. Built in 1938, the Wildwood Building is located at the connection of four Olympia neighborhoods: South Capitol, Wildwood, Governor Stevens, and Carlyon in Olympia, Washington. The new café will continue Olympia Coffee Roasting Co.’s commitment to the highest standards in coffee brewing, espresso preparation, and customer service. Every coffee beverage will be ground and brewed per cup and per order by a skilled barista. In addition to espresso beverages, the menu will include hand-brewed, pour-over coffee...
- Tags: Blog, Green Building, Latte Art, Locations, Micro Roaster, pour over brewing, Reclaimed Wood, Roaster of the Year, superior quailty coffee, sustainable practices