Blog — Micro Roaster of the Year 2013
2013 Year in Review
Before January 1st, back in November of 2012 it was announced that we were Roast Magazine’s 2013 Micro Roaster of the Year. Naturally, we celebrated by throwing a huge party at our roastery on the November 15th our 7 anniversary of being in business. Our party was covered by the Weekly Volcano, and featured excellent coffee, organic beer, tamales and live music by Lazer Zeppelin and The Maxines. Capitol Boulevard build out By the time the first of the year rolled around we had just signed a lease on what was to become our Capitol Boulevard Coffee Bar. This...
- Tags: Africa, award winning, Cafe, Central America, Codech, coffee industry, Coffee Review, Colombia, Direct Trade, employee education, Ethiopia, Good Food Awards Finalist, Micro Roaster of the Year 2013, Roaster of the Year
Guatemalan Coffees from Olympia Coffee Roasting
Our Guatemalan offerings this year have been a labor of love and determination and we couldn’t be more pleased to serve them. Each of our recent direct trade projects focuses on increasing coffee quality at the farm level in order to increase quality for our customers. Ultimately, this work lays a foundation for a sustainable coffee market for farmers and creates opportunity to improve quality of life among our coffee farmers, staff, and customers. CODECH Cooperative, Huehuetenango ADINTHEC Reserva Aroma de Canalaj Flor de Queqhna Palo Blanco We are featuring four coffees from the CODECH Cooperative,...
- Tags: Central America, Codech, Coffee Cupping, coffee industry, Coffee Lab, Cupping, Cupping Room, Direct Trade, El Socorro, From The Source, Green Coffee Sourcing, In Season, Micro Lot, Micro Roaster of the Year 2013, Organic, Organic coffee, sustainable practices
Micro Roaster of The Year: A Video
Olympia Coffee Roasters - Roaster of the Year 2013 from Voortex Productions on Vimeo. We are proud to share with you a video about our company. We strive to be a company that provides excellence in everything we do. Thanks to our retail, and wholesale customers, that allow us to do what we love.
- Tags: Blog, coffee industry, Cupping, Direct T, Direct Trade, Green Building, Latte Art, Locations, Micro Lot, Micro Roaster, Micro Roaster of the Year 2013, pour over brewing, Reclaimed Wood, Roast Magazine, Roaster of the Year, Roasting, superior quailty coffee, sustainable practices, video, wholesale
A Rare Opportunity: Olympia Coffee Roasting Seeks a Production Coffee Roaster
Olympia Coffee Roasting Co. Seeks a Production Coffee Roaster Olympia Coffee Roasting Co. is seeking a talented individual to fill one of our company’s key positions: production roaster. About our company: Olympia Coffee Roasting Co. is a small company focused on sourcing, roasting, and brewing exceptional coffees. We are based in Olympia, Washington, the heart of the Pacific Northwest, and have recently been named the prestigious 2013 Micro Roaster of the Year by Roast Magazine. In the coming years, we will continue to build on that honor, growing our retail and wholesale presence throughout the Northwest and nationally....
- Tags: Coffee Cupping, Coffee Lab, Cupping, Jobs, Micro Roaster, Micro Roaster of the Year 2013, Roast Magazine, Roaster of the Year, Roasting, superior quailty coffee, sustainable practices
Olympia Coffee Wins 2013 Roaster of the Year Award!
Olympia Coffee Roasting Company took top honors in Roast Magazine's 2013 Micro Roaster of the Year Contest. From Roast magazine: "Roast magazine’s Roaster of the Year award recognizes companies that roast coffees of superior quality, exemplify a dedication to sustainable practices and employee education, and demonstrate a commitment to the coffee industry, among other criteria." Read the full article. (Download|PDF) We are incredibly honored to receive this award. It is a testament to all of the work we do sourcing coffee direct, roasting it with care, and creating perfect drinks in our cafes. We are intensely grateful...
- Tags: coffee industry, Direct Trade, employee education, Green Coffee Sourcing, Micro Roaster, Micro Roaster of the Year 2013, Roast Magazine, Roaster of the Year, superior quailty coffee, sustainable practices, wholesale