Blog — Micro Lot
Our Guatemalan offerings this year have been a labor of love and determination and we couldn’t be more pleased to serve them. Each of our recent direct trade projects focuses on increasing coffee quality at the farm level in order to increase quality for our customers. Ultimately, this work lays a foundation for a sustainable coffee market for farmers and creates opportunity to improve quality of life among our coffee farmers, staff, and customers. CODECH Cooperative, Huehuetenango ADINTHEC Reserva Aroma de Canalaj Flor de Queqhna Palo Blanco We are featuring four coffees from the CODECH Cooperative,...
- Tags: Central America, Codech, Coffee Cupping, coffee industry, Coffee Lab, Cupping, Cupping Room, Direct Trade, El Socorro, From The Source, Green Coffee Sourcing, In Season, Micro Lot, Micro Roaster of the Year 2013, Organic, Organic coffee, sustainable practices
This was my first visit to San Sebastian de la Plata in Huila, Colombia, an area that Olympia Coffee has been purchasing coffee from and visiting every year for the last four years. Seeing it first hand I was struck by the beauty of the landscape, how massive the country is and how small the farms are. Most of the farms we work with are only two hectares (about 5 acres) in size, with most of the work being done by the family that owns the farm. We work with a handful of farms using a transparent buying program...
- Tags: Colombia, Cupping, Direct Trade, Green Coffee Sourcing, Micro Lot, Pablo Zuniga, Processing, South America, superior quailty coffee
Olympia Coffee Roasters - Roaster of the Year 2013 from Voortex Productions on Vimeo. We are proud to share with you a video about our company. We strive to be a company that provides excellence in everything we do. Thanks to our retail, and wholesale customers, that allow us to do what we love.
- Tags: Blog, coffee industry, Cupping, Direct T, Direct Trade, Green Building, Latte Art, Locations, Micro Lot, Micro Roaster, Micro Roaster of the Year 2013, pour over brewing, Reclaimed Wood, Roast Magazine, Roaster of the Year, Roasting, superior quailty coffee, sustainable practices, video, wholesale
The season has changed. Cooler weather, rainy dark days. In the garden little is left to harvest if anything. We understand this cycle as a way of life, a natural pattern to the year. Let us remember too that our coffees are also in a cycle of season. And as of now we are making that turn into coffees that were harvested last summer in the areas of the world below the equator. Savor the last sips of your favorite coffee from Central America because they will be gone soon. Hold your mug up for the first sips of...
- Tags: Blog, Colombia, Direct Trade, In Season, Micro Lot, Pablo Zuniga, Seasonality, South America, superior quailty coffee, sustainable practices
Olympia Coffee Roasting Co. - El Salvador, La Gloria from Voortex Productions on Vimeo. We are excited to share our new video from El Salvador. This video features producer Luis Rodriguez at his family farms in Apaneca and Ataco El Salvador. Our first offering from the Rodriguez family La Gloria can be purchased by following this link http://www.olympiacoffee.com/collections/coffees/products/el-salvador-la-gloria
- Tags: Blog, Bourbon, Central America, Cupping, Direct T, Direct Trade, El Povernir, El Salvador, Elefante, From The Source, Green Coffee Sourcing, La Gloria, La Lagunita, Micro Lot, Nejapa, Pacamara, Processing